- homebrew casks are a friendly homebrew-style CLI workflow for the administration of Mac applications distributed as binaries. Something I always needed, hoped to get with the app store, frowned when openoffice or vlc were absent, and here they are!
- see my list of casks I currently use (it is also a script to install them)
- preparing by forking the
cd $(brew --prefix)/Library/Taps/phinze-cask github_user='meduz' echo $github_user git remote add $github_user https://github.com/$github_user/homebrew-cask
- create, then install / edit cycle
project='texshop' brew cask create $project brew cask install $project brew cask edit $project brew cask install $project brew cask audit $project --download
- publishing results
git status git checkout -b $project git add Casks/$project.rb git commit -v git push $github_user $project
- confirm the pull request
- result is https://github.com/phinze/homebrew-cask/pull/1530
- come back to the
git checkout master
- this was easy! ... but wait, I mystyped something...